This morning, editor C. M. Muller announced the Table of Contents for the inaugural volume of Nightscript, an anthology slated to be published annually. I am honored to have my story, “The Cuckoo Girls,” included in this amazing line-up.
- “Everything That’s Underneath” by Kristi DeMeester
- “Strays” by Gregory L. Norris
- “In His Grandmother’s Coat” by Charles Wilkinson
- “The Cuckoo Girls” by Patricia Lillie
- “The Sound That the World Makes” by David Surface
- “Below the Falls” by Daniel Mills
- “The Keep” by Kirsty Logan
- “She Rose From the Water” by Kyle Yadlosky
- “Animalhouse” by Clint Smith
- “Tooth, Tongue, and Claw” by Damien Angelica Walters
- “Momma” by Eric J. Guignard
- “The Trees Are Tall Here” by Marc E. Fitch
- “A Quiet Axe” by Michael Kelly
- “The Death of Yatagarasu” by Bethany W. Pope
- “The Cooing” by John Claude Smith
- “A Knife in My Drawer” by Zdravka Evtimova
- “On Balance” by Jason A. Wyckoff
- “Learning Not to Smile” by Ralph Robert Moore
- “Fisher and Lure” by Christopher Burke
- “The Death of Socrates” by Michael Wehunt
I am truly looking forward to getting my hands on this. Not for my story—I know how that turns out—but for the chance to read new work by some of my favorite writers.
Nightscript, Volume 1 will be available in October, 2015. In the meantime, you can keep up-to-date by following Nightscript on Facebook.